FAFSA Form 2022-23
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a form that students and their families must complete in order to apply for federal financial aid for college or graduate school. The FAFSA form gathers information about your income, assets, and expenses to calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Your EFC is used to determine how much federal aid you may be eligible for, such as Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, and Work-Study.
The FAFSA form for the 2022-2023 school year is available on the Federal Student Aid website. You can start filling out the FAFSA form on October 1, 2021, and the deadline to submit it is June 30, 2023.
There are a few things you will need to have on hand when you complete the FAFSA form:
- Your tax return information for the most recent tax year (2020)
- Your Social Security number
- Your parents’ Social Security numbers (if you are a dependent student)
- Your college’s federal school code
You can use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax return information directly into your FAFSA form. This will save you time and help to reduce errors.
Once you have completed the FAFSA form, you will need to submit it electronically. You can submit the FAFSA form online, by mail, or by fax.
If you have any questions about the FAFSA form, you can contact the Federal Student Aid Help Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
Here are some tips for completing the FAFSA form:
- Start early. The FAFSA form can be complicated, so it is a good idea to start filling it out early. This will give you plenty of time to gather all of the necessary information and to make sure that the form is complete and accurate.
- Be honest. The FAFSA form is used to determine your eligibility for financial aid. If you are not honest on the form, you could be disqualified from receiving aid.
- Get help if you need it. There are many resources available to help you complete the FAFSA form. You can find help from your high school guidance counselor, your college financial aid office, or the Federal Student Aid Help Center.
The FAFSA form is an important step in the process of applying for financial aid for college. By following these tips, you can complete the FAFSA form accurately and on time.